Robusto digs Reality

Yeah, its fun.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Open letter to the McCourts: Continue to Disregard Previous Open Letter

Okay, so Ned Colletti can remain a part of the Dodgers family. Sorry Ned. The Dodgers have a tremendous record this year. It's like therapy for all the unnecessary anxiety I have put myself through being a Dodgers fan. Just because they never put it all together in the last two decades doesn't mean that I have to bite a belt every time they leave the bases loaded.

So I might as well enjoy the great record and the fact that we have young players who we have actually allowed to come to their prime as Dodgers (all the best, Paul Konerko and Pedro Martinez). This is one of those funny cases of cutting the budget being a good thing. The Dodgers picked up some great veterans last year - shalom Brad Ausmus! - and this year they are perfectly willing and able to platoon players who are playing sub-par - shalom Juan Castro! Plus, they no longer like losing streaks!

And I have to give my respect to Jonathan Broxton, who I believe is officially the new scariest pitcher in baseball (now that Randy Johnson has become old school). I am glad Vinny has gotten a chance to announce this season. It's a nice reward to him for all the games he spent avoiding saying that Dodgers were playing like crap over the years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home